Thursday, September 16, 2010

Introduction

Hello viewers!.........if any. My name is Rob. I figured that I would start off my blog with an introduction and an explanation of what it is I plan to do with this blog. This is a music blog. The name of this blog is Rob's Top Ten. I will post 10 music albums that I am currently listening to with each blog. Naturally, some of the albums will pass over into future posts as I become more obsessed with them. I plan on posting the albums and offereing insights and reviews on them as I post. I probably will not touch upon all of the albums listed in a post because 10 albums can be too much for me to do at one time. If you are curious about a particular album that I have posted but not commented on, please feel free to express that you would like to know about that certain album.
Why are you listening to me about my musical views? I'd like to think that I have much to offer to many different listeners. I have a very wide taste in music and I rarely discriminate genres that would seem uncharacteristic of my current tastes. As any other human being however, you will notice re-occuring trends of my styles and genres as we all go through musical phases. If you connect with my tastes, then bully for you. If you don't, then I'm sure with some more effort, you will be able to find the right blog that caters to your musical intellect. Lastly I want you to understand that I am writing this blog to promote the art of album making. Today's pop music industry focuses mainly on producing singles because album sales are down. My aim is to expose and recognize albums that achieve success in capturing the poetry of life. After all, a good novel should be longer than one page, and it should always take its readers for a ride. 
Thank you for reading if you have gotten this far. Alas it is time for me to get ready to go to work. So I will not be offering my commentary today. I will however start my first list either tomorrow or this weekened. If you are interested in the idea of this blog, make sure to check back soon. Happy listening.

Musically yours,
-Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment